Thursday, September 2, 2010

I believe in GOD...almost...

Today, September 01’ 2010
I got up at 11, and after taking a shower I said “mum khana de do” (mum my breakfast), and my mum replied “ aj khana nahi milega” (you wont get any food today)…
I thought she must be furious coz I got up late so I said “acha kal time par uth jauga ab khana do” (I will get up on time tomorrow now give me some food), and mum replied “aj sab ka FAST hai so no food)...

Floored, I said “KYOO??”
JANAMASHTMI…she replied… (It’s a Hindu festival celebrated as birth anniversary of KRISHNA JI and I was to fast)
After few hours I asked mum, “mum birthdays par to we get nice treats and all the celebrations so what’s the point in FASTING today??
SHUTUP, she replied… (But seriously my point was valid)
Well day passed on smooth as I dint retaliate much as I got some fruits to eat…
In the evening my mum told me that we have to go to the temple, and as usual I was a bit reluctant, and then dad pronounced that we all are going to temple as they have invited us and we have got VIP passes…
VIP passes to a temple???
Yeah even I was shocked but we had these …..

ISKON TEMPLE VIP pass

Now I earnestly wanted to check this VIP thing out, so at around 8pm we left for the temple, and as I anticipated there was a separate entry for VIPs (and a long, very long queue for general entry)...
To be true I am not religious, even if I am that’s not by choice, and I never understood what the point in praying is, like if you believe in GOD that’s all you can do, how will praying help?
So as we entered all the arrangements were all different for us, from seating arrangement to the place for prayer, there I saw my little cousin NISHA, I asked her, “hey kiddo what are you doing here”??
And she replied, “Main to yaha roj aati hu” (I visit this place everyday)
So enticed I asked, “kyooo??”
And she replied, “Mum says if I will pray god will save me from ghosts and evil spirits and I will get good marks in exams and god will always help me”
GOOD, I said…
What is this we are doing, we say that we need to build a society upon truth, upon trust and upon transparent equality, but our parents tell us that god will save us from evils, in the first place we are making them believe in EVIL something whose very existence is contradictory to that of GOD, why kids are told that there exists ghosts!!!
And then how can exam results in anyway be associated to praying or going to temple without missing a day!!!
I totally believe in GOD and I trust that GOD is fair, so I know I wont ever get that, what I don’t deserve, no matter how much I pray for it…
As its said Trust in god, but don’t forget to lock your car…

So for me I believe in GOD and trust myself…
And after we were done with all the rituals and prayers, we moved for dinner, ant I was amazed to see what a feast it was, none less then one in a wedding ceremony (and again it was specially arranged for VIPs), and it was labeled as “vrat me khane yogya” (appropriate to eat even if you are fasting)…
I ate a lot and now I was happy that we came, and most of that we came with a VIP pass…
While returning I was thinking that why I went to temple, why I was there to pray and why I did something I actually don’t believe in…

And all I could find to justify it was:

My parents want me to do all this and be involved into it, so I can do this much for them.

To debate on something, to know the pros and cons of something you need to be a part of it…

You get very nice stuff to eat and drink at these places and it comes at no cost…

And you get to see pretty girls, a lot of pretty girls ( I guess most of the girls are religious enough to come to temple)…

And in case if by any chance I am not correct and you get some of the blessings bestowed upon you while you pray so I might also get those…


2 comments:

  1. so you trust or whatsoeva coz you got nice food and eye candy infact candies after a lond tiring day???hmmmm gotcha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well m confused..so i give dis question to no comments... :)

    ReplyDelete

Dont be Shy, its easy, we all love comments...( YOU SAiD IT)